- Period of Hire. Letting commences from 4pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10am on the day of departure. Hire is on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday unless otherwise agreed. Short term lets of 3 or 4 days may be possible subject to availability. The maximum period of let is 3 weeks. The property is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form.
- Booking & Payment. Availability is as shown on the webpage. A firm booking is accepted following completion of the booking information by email with confirmation by return from the owners of availability. A deposit for the sum of 25% of the total rental price secures the booking.
The balance of the hire charge shall be payable 8 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking.
For bookings made less than 4 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking.
Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Client is responsible for the full hire charge.
- Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the Client, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made minus an administration charge of £50, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the Client. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
- Availability. If the property cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners’ control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
- Services. Use of electricity for heat, light and cooking, bed linen & towels (please provide your own beach towels) are all included in the weekly tariffs. Satellite TV, DVD player, and WiFi is available free of charge.
- Number of Persons using the properties. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed the maximum number of 6, as stated for the property. Sub-letting is strictly prohibited.
- Complaints & Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact the Owners as soon as possible and we will attempt to rectify the problem.
- Breakage or Damage. For the benefit of the next Clients staying in the house, please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. We do not charge for breakages or damage occurring as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to demand payment for damage or breakages occurring as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
- Care of Property. The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
- Smoking. Strictly no smoking is allowed inside the property. Please smoke outside.
- Pets. No pets are allowed unfortunately.
- Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
- Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the property, its grounds and equipment is entirely at the Client’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. Client’s Responsibility -The Client is responsible for the property and contents should be left clean at the end of the holiday and any breakages or damages or faults reported to the Owners. Please email the owner or leave a note for the Housekeeper.
- Contract. The Contract of Hire is between the Client and the Owners of Tigh an Eilean, Lochcarron.